Experience Level Associate
Work From Home Some times
The role of the Associate Project Manager is to manage all assigned projects in the most efficient manner possible in order to ensure client retention, satisfaction and ultimately repeat revenue growth.
As the main point of contact for their clients, the ideal candidate must proactively use effective written and verbal communication to ensure that project teams understand the scope, complexity and expectations, and that the clients are kept fully informed as to the progress, position and financial status of their projects.
- Delivery of projects to client’s expectations achieving targeted levels of profitability.
- Analysis of files using translation memory tools.
- Compiling estimates and proposals for approval.
- Assignment of appropriate translation teams, rate negotiation and deadline coordination with translators, typesetters, engineers, in-country client reviewers, etc.
- Adhering to the LQI sales process and SDL project processes.
- Close financial monitoring and control of projects through budgets, invoicing and change orders to ensure timely and final invoicing.
- Strategic project planning involving best methodologies, processes, and risk assessments.
- Accurate documentation and filing of all project related materials.
- Identification and development of project/process improvement opportunities and escalating to Program Manager.
- Hosting regular, documented verbal and written communications with clients, Network Offices and internal team members.
- Degree in either Translation Project Management, Computer Science or a business-related area or equivalent work experience
- At least 2 years of project management/coordinator experience with in localization
- At least 2 years of budget management experience
- Experience growing accounts
- Good written/verbal communication and presentation skills
- Customer service experience
- Ambitious and with a desire to learn and progress
- Analytical and organized problem solving abilities
- Able to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Adaptable and flexible to a changing work environment
- Proficient computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Acrobat, html, xml)
- Experience in the use of CAT tools (including translation memories, content management, glossary and file management tools)