Experience Level Mid-Senior level
Work From Home Some times
Our client is looking for a Language Program Manager in Japan to help drive the localization of their products in Japanese. The successful candidate will work to provide their Japanese customers with an outstanding customer experience. In this role you will coordinate and drive the effective collaboration with GEO stakeholders for business requirements clarification and reflect the business requirements through highly efficient product localization (UI, Online Help, and related documentation). The succerssful candidate will be on-site at our client’s office in Tokyo.
- Develop and maintain Japanese linguistic framework, including localization style guides, terminology and translation memories, etc.
- Provide quality assurance to project management teams through the LQA process. Take care of linguistic review for urgent or critical localization request.
- Act as the escalation point for Japanese linguistic issues for UI and Documentation localization from both internal team and external translation partners.
- Provide training to the partners for client’s localization guides.
- Main point of contact of Technical Support team for Japanese customer feedback and drive the resolution in a timely manner.
- Bridge product localization team and GEO stakeholders for business requirements clarification. Facilitate and drive product releases with our client’s stakeholders to fulfill business requirements.
- Organize localization specific activities in Japan events on behalf of our client’s product localization team.
- Native Japanese speaker
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Translation, Linguistics or Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in localization linguistic/program management.
- Deep understanding of software development lifecycle and localization workflow.
- Proven record of software or technical publications program management experiences, including the ability to manage multiple programs simultaneously
- Working experiences with cross-function partners including engineering, marketing, legal, security process to ensure the success of those program
- Fluency in English. Excellent verbal / written communication
- Ability to work well within a diverse, geographically distributed, multicultural environment.
- Self-motivated, self-learner, with attention to details.
- Familiarity with XML, HTML and desktop publishing for all technical contents is a plus.
- PMP certificate is a plus
- Labor relations for this position will be with CSOFT, the successful applicant shall directly sign their employment contract with CSOFT.
- This is a full-time position, and will be required to work on-site at least three days per week, and remote work may be possible on the other working days.