Experience Level Associate
Work From Home Some times
Key Responsibilities & Deliverables
- Drive the Language Program Management strategy for the Netflix Globalization team with the goal of creating greater standardization of Language Management operations to deliver quality at scale – in partnership with our regional Language Managers across the world and other G11n teams (Content & Product Localization PMs, Vendor Management, Strategy teams).
- Contribute to the continuous development of the Language Program Management roadmap, taking into consideration the business priorities and needs, and in close collaboration with G11n and other Netflix stakeholders (Content & Product).
- Act as a single point of contact for Localization PM teams for strategic linguistic initiatives which will impact all or most languages/markets, and support the Content Complexity Matrix program and other Product-focused projects in order to drive quality at source and upstream.
- Drive overall language strategy around the key components of the “Language Standards” managed by the Language Team, for the best quality at scale and greatest impact, e.g:
- style guides and topic-specific guidelines strategy – as per our content’s Complexity Matrix.
- terminology strategy across all Product and Content Localization , inc. partnership with the International Dubbing team.
- Understand and coordinate the brand voice strategy at a linguistic level, organizing material and resources for broad consumption by internal and external resources.
- Build close partnership with English writers (in Editorial Creative, Product UX Writing teams) to advocate for Globalization and our international members.
- Advise and provide guidance to the Globalization PM team and our Content & Product partners on cultural adaptation at a content vertical or product component level.
- At the title level, and in collaboration with the Content Localization PMs and the regional Language Managers, consult and advise on the need for guideline creation and other standardization devices in order to address at scale the linguistic and cultural complexity of Netflix content and product localization.
- Attend cross-functional meetings, in support of the Globalization PMs, with Content Acquisition, Creative teams, Product teams, other Creative Production teams, Theatrical release & Screening and Consumer Product teams where linguistic strategy, cultural adaptation for a particular title or feature are discussed.
- Bring the linguistic perspective to tool development, work closely with the rest of the language team to gather requirements and feedback, advocate for linguistic needs in our tools with Product, Globalization Solutions and Engineering teams (e.g. formality tables).
Qualifications – The Successful Candidate
- Will thrive in our Culture;
- Proven experience in localization, deep understanding of linguistic and cultural challenges linked to media and/or product localization.
- Proven experience in managing localization language programs at a language-agnostic level – especially in linguistic and cultural consulting to international content and product development programs.
- Strong business acumen and proven stakeholder management skills.
- Proven experience in translation, localization (especially in a creative field such as subtitling, dubbing, transcreation, etc.) and language resources management.
- Ability to show initiative, work independently and drive initiatives at a strategic level.
- Fluency in English and native knowledge of at least one other language (Asian languages preferred).
- Experience of working in Asia in large Globalization programs a plus, knowledge and understanding of one or more Asian markets and localization challenges linked to those markets and languages – e.g. Japan, Korea, Thailand
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the global movie/entertainment and streaming industry.
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate strong strategic thinking and be able to work across languages cross-functionally.