Experience Level Entry level
Work From Home Some times
As a Localisation Tester, you will be making sure the audio and text in a video game are correct. You will need to have native level knowledge for the required language (grammar, spelling, and punctuation) and good attention to detail to find and provide corrections for errors. Occasionally, you will translate text for a video game or marketing.
Do you have a passion for languages and games? Do you enjoy finding linguistic mistakes in video games? Would you like to be part of an international team whose work has impact on players around the world? Then we would love to hear from you!
If successful, you will be invited to complete a mandatory translation test which will be sent via e-mail and must be completed within 1 hour of receiving it.
The hours of work are 37.5 hours per week, working 9am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday. The position is based in Liverpool.
SIEE partners with Yoh Solutions, who are a global staffing provider. If your application is successful, you will be employed by Yoh Solutions who will be your point of contact for any paperwork and payroll matters.
What you’ll be doing:
- Test software to ensure all localised assets are correct from linguistic, consistency and display points of view.
Localised Assets Review
- Proof-read and correct translations before they are implemented into the games, ensuring that quality, accuracy and consistency is maintained.
- Occasionally provide translations for games, the packaging text for console and peripherals.
- Assist other teams with general testing duties when required
- Assist with project and process related tasks
What We’re Looking For
- Fluency in Latin American, Spanish and English
- Passionate games player
- Good knowledge of computer games across multiple platforms
- Working knowledge of MS Office package
- Basic understanding of the development cycle and constraint