Experience Level Associate
Work From Home Some times
- Linguist will be involved in creating content for online products & services, Mobile and Web Applications.
- In a specific domain linguist needs to translate UI, Help, Marketing, legal/policy and glossaries content types with thoroughly self-editing and proofreading so as final product would be flawless and correct on each aspect of the language.
- He/she should be able comprehend source content in such a manner that target language with its whole characteristics should have retained its exact meaning without any error.
- He/she must translate on CAT tools and translation-oriented software.
- He/she must use TM (Translation Memory) software to maintain the consistency throughout the domain.
- He/she must use internet for required research needed for the accurate translation.
- He/she must smartly use online and offline dictionaries, thesauruses and reference books to ensure the accuracy of the terminology.
- He/she must work on all technical aspects of translation on computers, automated validation & quality check tools and methods to analyze documents to check the validity of his/her tasks.
- He/she must proactive to raise queries and seek replies from the clients before the short deadlines.
- He/she must understand and follow Style Guides of the specific projects and be able to suggest medication if required to the clients.
- He/she should have work experience of at least +5 years in regional language content writing, translation, copywriting, transcreation and editing.
- He/she should have an in-depth knowledge of native language with acceptable style, grammar and flow and related culture required for localization.
- Presence on Social Media Sites, blogging in regional language will be an advantage.
- He/she should be able to understand the requirements of clients after quality results.
- He/she should be able to modify himself/herself as per the required parameters of clients.
- He/she should be able to understand about the expected quality by client and create improvement plans required if issues are there.
- He/she should be able arbitrate the errors if unnecessarily marked and imposed by client/client’s reviewer. He should have logical, to the point and positive approach towards arbitrations and feedback and of course with very polite and well-mannered way.
- He/she should have good communication skill in his/her native language and English to communicate with clients in confident and polite manner. Etiquettes and rules of meetings must be followed.
- He/She should be able to work with translation and production team with full support and involvement.