Experience Level Entry level
Work From Home Some times
About the job:
As a Localization Engineer, you will communicate and collaborate with the projects team and sales team to understand the project requirement. You will be responsible for processing different file formats we receive from clients into CAT tool compatible files for translation.
You will be responsible for all the technical aspects of the localization process. You will coordinate with various internal and external teams to deliver translated files to the client in the right format.
A localization engineer must be creative and provide alternative solutions to PC’s, PM’s or clients when the traditional way of handling files is not effective/suitable
Monday to Friday
Rs. 4,25,000- 4,75,000 pa
- Analyse files received from client/sales team and prepare word count and DTP effort hours estimation report.
- Provide Technical and Localization Engineering support to PC’s, PM’s and Sales Team.
- Pre-Process the files for translation by extracting translatable contents using CAT tools and various in-house tools.
- Create/replicate document templates and layout designs to help translators update the translation in the templates for scanned documents
- Post-Process the files shared by PM’s or PC’s
- Formatting files/documents to match the look and feel of the source file
- Image localization- Update/recreate images by updating translated texts to match exactly to the source images
- Make sure projects are delivered within estimated time and there are no delays in the delivery timelines
- Participate in client calls to support project managers and sales team
- Prepare and update Engineering team checklist
- Participate in training, webinars and demos of different technologies/applications related to localization and internationalization.
- Communicate and cooperate with team members regarding engineering issues.
- Make sure the project folders are updated with accurate information (Latest files with version controls, storage etc…)
- Create documentation for new process and improvise/refine the existing process
Who we’re looking for:
In one sentence: Someone with excellent technical skills and who can go the extra mile to find better ways to process complex files and extract texts.
Someone who can take responsibility and ensure that files are processed and delivered on-time and within budget.
- Good Email and communication skill
- Any graduation
- Minimum 2+ years of work experience in a similar role
- Works well under pressure and tight deadlines
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks
- Punctual and flexible
- Attention to detail
- Team spirit—you will be part of a team that helps each other
MS Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel & Publisher): Proficient
Creative Tools (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Framemaker, CorelDraw, AutoCad, Articulate storyboard etc..) : Basic/Moderate
Localization Tools (Complete SDL Package, Memo-Q, Memsource, etc.): Proficient
Other common file formats: Proficient
Must have a good understanding of how to process and extract data from .XML .HTML .Robohelp. JSON .PO etc. file types