Experience Level Entry level
Work From Home Some times
- Design and implement features for our localization platform, which is an internal self service application that supports custom translation workflows.
- Partner with localization product managers, linguists, and program managers to understand their business needs and craft outstanding and efficient solutions.
- Identify and drive improvements in engineering practices to ensure industry-leading system quality and team efficiency.
- Work with development teams across eBay to ensure that localization works flawlessly across a wide array of project types and file formats.
- Improving existing features and functionality across services.
- Collaborate by building API endpoints to allow integration between development teams.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science and 5+ years of professional software development experience.
- Proficiency in at least one widely used server-side programming language (Java required).
- Expertise with core Computer Science fundamentals, including Object-Oriented programming, algorithms, data structures, and design patterns.
- Familiarity with large-scale distributed system design (Kubernetes preferred)
- Hand-on experience in one or more industry-leading database platforms, preferably MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, etc.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills and a team-focused approach towards software development.
- Previous experience working on localization teams, building release automation, or working with content management systems that support multiple languages and locales.
- Proficient at working in Linux batch shell environment and experience resolving issues in a microservice-based application architecture.
- Familiarity with localization technology such as machine translation and post-editing processes is preferred.