Experience Level Associate
Work From Home Some times
- Participate in strategic and operational business planning initiatives to set department objectives and priorities that align with the global localization strategy. Define your team’s goals and strategy, define team organization and structure, provide feedback and coaching to the team on a regular basis, and provide career development mentorship and advice.
- Work with the Technical Publication Managers to ensure commercial deadlines are facilitated and reflected in the localization roadmap for end user documentation and software graphical user interfaces (GUI)
- Proactively identify and implement process improvements to streamline the information development process as agreed by VP Information Development.
- Ensure staff members are adequately trained in assigned specialities and perform all job responsibilities successfully; set business based performance objectives and regularly evaluate employee performance. Organize and hold routine department meetings and development meetings as needed. Hire and train new staff as required and agreed with VP Information Development.
- Work collaboratively with other cross-functional project groups to define translation requirements and ensure Localization efforts are successful i.e Product Management, R&D teams, Engineering, Product Marketing, Regulatory Affairs and Quality Assurance groups, Documentation teams and in-country reviewers.
- Ability to identify and participate in departmental and business related continuous improvement initiatives.
- Teach the Localization team how to onboard and educate Engineering teams on localization process and best practices, and collaborate with Engineering teams to find long term solutions for their requirements
- Facilitate tool and workflow creation and optimization; train members of Localization team to create, automate and maintain tools that scale productivity across the localization process
- Source, hire, and onboard localization vendors and manage the relationships on an ongoing basis
- Track own budgets and establish, monitor and analyse production quality whilst ensuring cost efficiencies where possible.
- Work with your subject matter experts to advise the Localization team and other teams on the most efficient way of localizing a certain product or asset
- Analyzes location project risk, and defines mitigation actions of identified risks
- Identifies and solves localization issues or disagreements, whether system or product, identifies causes and performs corrective/preventative action
- Assigns, monitors and measures project team members’ work. Manages team’s compliance with standards, practices and policies
- Directing team’s deliveries to timelines and product quality, including responsiveness and professionalism towards both internal and external clients
- Presents regular reports on progress and forecast of project team’s work status, escalating issues and evaluating needed support
- Maximizes utilization of team, preparing alternative work for periods without projects and/or billable work for other teams and units
- Continually expands knowledge and education in localization trends and news, keeping up to date through active participation in training opportunities
- Develops new and entry level Project Managers through training and coaching opportunities and by creating methodologies, tools, and checklists to improve the project management process
- Understanding of localization tooling and ability to train others in day-to-day use of the tooling applications.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested by the VP Information Development.
- Implementation of strategic decisions as directed by VP Information Development
- Autonomy for the management, control and assignment of resources within the Localizations department.
- Management and decision making relating to allocated departmental budget
- Authority to act as point of contact for vendor and supplier relationships
- Responsibility for the approval of activities, processes and documentation in accordance with the Elekta Ltd Quality Policy