Experience Level Entry level
Work From Home Some times
Localization Program Manager, you will drive product teams to deliver a great user experience to our international audience.
- Engage and build relationships with cross-functional teams and stakeholders (Product, Engineering, Marketing, etc.) to launch successful localized products
- Design and implement efficient and scalable end-to-end localization frameworks for multiple products and diverse content types across the Facebook family of apps
- Guide product teams across the Facebook family of apps to ensure localizability best practices are followed to minimize downstream issues and decrease cost and time-to-market for the localized versions
- Proactively identify and prioritize technical and process issues that affect localized product relevancy, quality, and functionality
- Partner with vendors to ensure that the right resources are in place and all deliveries are completed at the expected standards
- 3+ years of experience in localization
- BA/BS or 2+ years equivalent work experience in localization, internationalization, project management, or program management
- Thorough understanding of translation technologies: translation memories, translation management systems, machine translation, etc.
- Familiarity with internationalization standards such as Unicode and CLDR
- Experience with localization platforms, file formats and CAT tools – such as SDL Trados Studio, Idiom WorldServer, or any similar in-house localization tools and platform that manages and/or automates the translation workflow
- Communication skills, experience to work effectively across time zones and cultures
- Experience with SQL, as well as proven experience to process and analyze complex data sets, and interpret them to make business decisions
- Experience to drive results in cross-functional teams
- Experience to stay focused under pressure, prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with the Facebook translation platform
- Knowledge of additional languages other than English
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.