Experience Level Mid-Senior level
Work From Home Some times
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in localization and technical documentation program management.
- Experience in people management.
- Experience in vendor management.
- Experience influencing and communicating cross-functionally with multiple stakeholders, including senior stakeholders.
- Experience in analytical problem solving in a cross-functional technical setting.
- Knowledge and/or passion for Google Cloud products and tools.
- Ability to work individually and within a global team.
- Ability to speak and write in English and a second language fluently and idiomatically.
About the job
As a Program Manager focusing on localization at Google, you will lead challenging cross-functional projects using both your technical, project management, and linguistic expertise.
You’ll help Google’s ideas and products look, feel and sound natural to users across the globe. You’ll be in charge of driving the end-to-end localization process to ensure successful launches across the globe. Your projects will often span offices, time zones and hemispheres, and you’ll keep all players coordinated on project progress and deadlines. You will provide strategic insight to cross-functional teams and leadership to drive Google’s product expansion globally. You will flex your program management skills in order to ensure that our Localization process runs effectively and efficiently..
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers and developers see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Build strong relationships with product teams, educating and advising them on their product’s localization journey whilst representing the voice of our global users. Partner with cross-functional stakeholders to understand business needs related to a product’s localization.
- Build compelling cases for opportunities, develop insightful recommendations and drive development and implementation. Structure and package your work into compelling presentations and communications that influence various audiences, including senior executives.
- Engage with Cloud stakeholders to understand the linguistic needs of the product area in that market.
- Work with local Subject Matter Experts to improve technical translation quality.
- Function as the expert for the localization program in Cloud Developer Relations, respond to translation-related queries, and advise cross-functional stakeholders on localization-related questions.