Experience Level Entry level
Work From Home Some times
The Localization Specialist is responsible for translating and localizing all existing and new Nexon mobile games. He/she is also expected to perform content-related research on game updates and provide explanations on the original Korean content’s tone and style to his/her assigned project group. This position also requires providing interpretations for video conferences, teleconferences, and meetings between Korea and the U.S. that include executives or deals with confidential information as needed.
- Translate and localize in-game text, user interface, and other game strings.
- Review and provide linguistic feedback to a translation done by localization vendors or by Localization Coordinators as needed.
- Assist his/her PM in planning each localization project and updating various localization process documents as projects are received and completed.
- Perform content-related research on software products and provide explanations on the original Korean content’s tone and style to his/her project group.
- Provide interpretation support for video conferences, teleconferences, and meetings between Korea and the U.S. that include executives or deal with highly technical IT related and confidential information.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3 – 4 years of related work experience
- 2+ years of game localization experience
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Creative writing techniques preferred
- Fluency in Korean and English
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Project coordination skills
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.