Experience Level Mid-Senior level
Work From Home Some times
Blueprint is looking for an experienced Portuguese (Portugal) Game Translator & Localization Specialist who is excited to impact the gaming industry with their unique skillsets. The best candidate will have a passion for localization, translation, and PC gaming. Native proficiency in Portugal Portuguese, both written and verbal, is required.
You will be responsible for translating written materials with utmost quality such as new releases, marketing material, support knowledge base articles and other customer facing literature. There will be last minute changes to source material, so a high level of flexibility and can-do attitude is best. Strong organization skills are also required in order to recognize when to reprioritize your own workflow from time to time, as well as managing short-term and long-term projects. Excellent communication skills are also a must in a very team driven-work environment.
At Blueprint, we pride ourselves on our world-class localization team and its ability to set the bar for the localization industry. We strive to always go above and beyond what is expected and in turn motivate, innovate, and grow as a team. Joining the Blueprint localization team will truly be a unique opportunity to apply your skillsets, grow in your professional career and work with the best of the best in the industry!
- Bachelor of Arts or equivalent degree. Emphasis in translation, localization, linguistics or game design a plus.
- Native proficiency in Portugal Portuguese with exceptional grammar skills.
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills.
- Experience in professional translation/localization work, games and technical translation preferred.
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills.
- A collaborative translator who enjoys working in a team environment and adjusts well to quick turnaround times.
- Experience working with computer assisted translation tools; MemoQ, Memsource, SDL Trados or Wordfast.
- Strong knowledge of different Operating Systems (Windows, macOS, iOS, Android).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, SharePoint).
- Passion for PC, video, or mobile gaming.
- Familiarity with computer hardware, software development, or game design.
- Familiarity with game distribution platforms (Steam, Origin, GOG, etc.).
- Understanding and knowledge of different game genres and game discussion groups.
- Knowledgeable about different gaming hardware.