Experience Level Mid-Senior level
Work From Home Some times
Amazon’s Heavy Bulky and Services Customer Service (HBS CS) department is looking for a Localization Project Manager to manage multilingual localization projects, coordinate relationships with localization teams, and help rolling out systems, tools and procedures that advance consistent and efficient localization and translation processes.
The successful candidate will be creative and analytical. You will be passionate about improving both the customer and author experience. You will deliver on incremental projects and tactical work that contribute to a world-class localization function within Amazon HBS CS.
You will have demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills, and an ability to use data to back up assumptions, make recommendations, and develop business cases. You will enjoy a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment, and be able to define, design, and drive projects through to delivery.
You will have exceptional verbal and written communication skills, and an ability to communicate at all levels in the organization, to technical, business, and executive stakeholders.
- Manage localization activities, including project planning, coordination, delivery, and reporting.
- Improve localized content quality using monitoring processes and standards of operation for developing translation databases and glossaries.
- Identify challenges and inefficiencies in workflow and systems, working with worldwide partners to find pathways to improvement.
- Research and incorporate industry best practices and innovation into our localization and translation practices and plans.
- Using project management methodology, plan, scope, and deliver projects on time, within budget, and to a high standard, ensuring they meet the requirements of the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Demonstrated experience in localization tools, localization vendor management, and translation management systems/Machine Translation technology
- Experience working in a global, cross-functional, multilingual team
- Experienced working in a fast-pace, agile-driven environment
- 3+ years of solid project management experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- PRINCE2 certified or equivalent project management certification
- Fluency in one or more non-English languages would be appreciated
- Experience with double-byte/bidirectional languages
- Knowledge of XML and HTML
- Knowledge of Content Management Systems (CMS) tools
- Experience managing translation assignments and working with a language service provider
- Experience working on the localization of multiple content types