Experience Level Director
Work From Home Some times
Jagex is looking for an experienced Senior Director of Localisation to join our team in Cambridge, UK, to transform and scale up our localisation team into an industry-leading internationalization department. Currently solely focused on RuneScape localization in 3 languages, the department must transform into an organization able to support a broad portfolio of games in 10+ languages at a simultaneous release cadence.
Your experience in management and strategic thinking capabilities will shape how we communicate with a global audience through all channels and ensure the quality of our international player experience. These locally adapted experiences must provide an experience as close to the original version as possible and you understand that mere translation of the content in no way achieves this goal.
This role requires close working relationships with internal and external game development teams, creative services, community, product marketing, country managers, QA, Player Support, etc. It also requires management of internal teams and a portfolio of external vendors that help with localization engineering, translation and adaptation, editing, proofreading, transcreation and creative writing, localization process creation, maintenance and adaptation.
Key Duties Include
- Analyze the current department’s configuration and deployment, develop and present a plan to transform Localization to meet our future needs, and then execute against that plan.
- Lead and evangelize the guiding vision and overall strategy for Localization across the studio.
- Create, clearly communicate, and continuously improve best practices for Localization at Jagex.
- Lead a team able to internationalize games that vary in scope from tens of thousands of words to millions of words.
- Build and lead a high performing team ensuring a strong culture of trust and collaboration.
- Structure a core internal team to ensure the best possible quality experience for our players whilst dealing with scale and flexibility through effective external partnerships.
- Prioritize and direct strategies to support short- and long-term departmental and studio goals.
- Ensure effective monitoring and flexible planning within an Agile production environment.
- Forecast, track, and provide both strategic analysis and process improvement relating to working with external partners.
- Define and build reporting frameworks and KPI’s that can effectively track and maintain a data-informed perspective at the project, departmental and external partner levels.
- Ensure goals, objectives, milestones, and deliverables are achieved at both the game and company levels.
- Essential Requirments
- Proven success in a senior role related to international production and localisation at a publisher, major studio or large game services company.
- Have shipped MMO, RPG, ARPG, or other word intensive genres globally (EMEA, APAC, LATAM).
- Significant experience of localizing AAA PC and console titles at scale.
- Demonstrable knowledge of all facets of the localization set-up and process including but not limited to translation, audio, LQA, tools, engineering, outsourcing.
- Previous responsibility for localization of simultaneous multiple projects, providing insight and influence into how to execute and deliver more effectively.
- Strong communication, diplomacy, and people management skills; ability to work across multiple business units and stakeholders.
- Organized and calm within a dynamic, fast-changing environment.
- Project management (PMP, Agile or other certification a plus).
- Passion for videogames and the business of supporting video game production.
- Occasional travel required.