Experience Level Associate
Work From Home Some times
- Engage and build relationships with cross-functional teams (Product, Engineering, Marketing, etc.) to launch successful localized products and features.
- Partner with vendors to make sure that the right resources are in place and all deliveries are completed at the expected standards.
- Guide product teams to ensure localization standard methodologies are followed to minimize downstream issues and decrease cost and time-to-market for the localized versions.
- Effectively lead, develop, mentor and inspire a team of professional program and project managers.
- Be responsible for the successful and timely execution of any localization components in all of the corporate initiatives.
- Monitor individual, team and portfolio performance and implement improvements to improve efficiency and effectiveness of both performance and service.
- Develop effective plans to meet both short and long-term goals.
- 10+ years professional related work experience and hands-on localization program management experience desired.
- 5+ years of leadership experience in a large, cross-functional organization.
- Detailed understanding of translation technologies: translation memories, translation management systems, machine translation, etc.
- Experience with localization platforms, file formats and CAT tools – such as SDL Trados Studio, Idiom WorldServer, XTM International, or any similar in-house localization tools and platform that manages and/or automates the translation workflow.
- Communication skills, experience to work effectively across time zones and cultures
- Outstanding collaboration and partnership capabilities are essential.
- Demonstrated proficiency in developing efficient and effective solutions to diverse and sophisticated business problems.
- Skilled in focusing on desired results, determining what is meaningful and urgent, and delegating effectively to meet goals and achieve desired results.
- Experience with senior leadership and ability to deliver executive-level summary updates, reports and presentations.
- Previous experience working in the ecommerce industry is a plus.
- Exhibits strong written and verbal communication skills.
Location & Travel:
The position is based in San Jose, California. Travel requirements will vary (mainly San Jose). Expect 10 – 15% travel.
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.