Experience Level Mid-Senior level
Work From Home Some times
Social Impact is seeking a Translator based in Germany to support the evaluation team and assist in translating data collection instruments and interpreting during interviews.
The estimated period of performance is October 1, 2019 through November 30, 2020. Fieldwork is expected to take place in April 2020.
*Please note: This is a locals-only position. Only candidates with German citizenship residing in Stuttgart, Germany will be considered*
- Work closely with Project Manager, Evaluation Team, and Country Research Coordinators during fieldwork.
- Translate data collection protocols and provide interpretation services in-country.
- Participate in necessary preparatory/onboarding calls and meetings; and advise on follow-up questions as necessary.
- Abide by SI standards of ethics and quality.
- At least three to five years of experience working for international development organizations.
- Background in translation/interpretation for research studies and evaluations for international development programming.
- Strong professional written and verbal proficiency in the English and German.
- Experience and ability to provide interpretation in a research setting.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to work independently to meet deadlines and adhere to high quality standards.
- Ability and willingness to travel within Germany for fieldwork.
- High levels of sociocultural competency and ability to maintain confidentiality