Experience Level Mid-Senior level
Work From Home Some times
Job Title: Advisor- Localization Project/Program Manager
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Localization Program Manager on our Global Translation team in Bangalore.
Innovative projects that deliver cutting edge results do not run themselves. Project and Program Management within Business Support ensure projects run seamlessly, from start to finish. Our team manages projects or leads others managing projects — ensuring cross-functional teams work collaboratively and effectively. We oversee initial plans, set budgets, track project activities and communicate milestones to key stakeholders.
About Business Unit:
The Dell Global Translation Team is responsible for providing internationalization, localization and translation services to teams across Dell.
Localization Project/Program Manager plans, executes and is accountable for high quality and on-time delivery of localization projects to stakeholders. The stakeholders vary from Software to marketing that vary in size and complexity. Localization Project/Program Manager is responsible for managing all phases of localization projects which includes requirements definition, scheduling and monitoring progress of projects, proactively identifying and resolving issues with the Language Service Providers and clearly communicating project status to a wide range of stakeholders. The role requires the ability to work in an environment that is fast paced and to work autonomously and manage to aggressive delivery schedules. This role helps drive increased volumes of localized assets while defining operational efficiencies and serves as one of the enablers to grow and solidify Dell’s global market share.
- Collaborate with the cross-functional stakeholders across the globe to develop and manage localization releases.
- Manage the delivery of localization assets like UI resource files, OLH, Technical docs and Go-to-Market contents.
- Collaborate with the internal QA team members and with the localization vendors to ensure timely delivery of Localization and translation projects for assigned stakeholders.
- Check project forecasts are in place and vendors are aware of forthcoming volume spikes or unusual language needs.
- Drive the program level initiatives for the projects that he/she owns.
- Participate in weekly meeting with stakeholders, project management team and vendors.
- Ability to run/manage multiple localization projects simultaneously.
- Send status updates to stakeholders and at agreed times, with issues or risks flagged.
- Ensure to follow the process and contribute towards process improvement.
- Collaborate with global team and contribute toward initiatives.
- Excellent communication skills, stakeholder management and project management.
- Knowledge of project management tools like MS Project, Confluence and JIRA
- Experience with Translation Management System, Localization tools like TMS, Passolo etc.
- PMP certification – good to have
- Overall experience – 8 year