- Experience Level Associate
- Work From Home Some times
You will be part of the NLU platform team and solve applied problems in Natural
Language Understanding, by leveraging linguistic/ statistical concepts and core
machine learning/ AI tools and techniques. Opportunity to learn, work and
contribute to the innovative and enterprise-grade NLU and AI engine.
Ideal candidates have the experience and passion for working with language data and the ability to help create, categorize, audit, and improve lexical data.
- Design the natural language processing components by enhancing core NLU algorithms
- Create and commit speech patches; reviewing tests and identifying fixes; recording audio and creating audio tests
- Create Intent/Entity rules based on Syntax, Semantics and/or Morphology
- Run regression tools to verify/improve the quality of the NLU capabilities
- Participate in data collection, annotation, & analysis
- Collaborate with Engineers & Linguists on a daily basis
Education and Experience
- Degree in Computational Linguistics or Computer Sciences with strong Linguistic background.
- Excellent knowledge of structural aspects of the language (syntax, semantics, phonology, phonetics)
- Up to date exposure to popular native culture and the ability to use that knowledge to inform data analysis
- Natural Language Processing (NLP)/Natural Language Understanding (NLU) experience
- Familiar with Java, Perl and shell scripting is a plus
- Experience with Linux, Git, Stanford Core NLP, Virtual Assistant, CFG, Dependency Grammar, & Regex
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum environment is desired
- Knowledge in algorithms and data structures and implementing them in Java is a plus