- Experience Level Associate
- Work From Home Some times
The Director for Localization is responsible for Dubbing and Subtitling Features, Episodic and Catalogue content for clients and audiences globally. This role has a deep understanding of localization and will work closely with internal and external stakeholders to develop and execute strategy to ensure all projects are completed to Warner Bros, our client’s and audiences’ high expectations. This role is also responsible for identifying opportunities for innovation, process improvement, new technologies, implementing change and adapting to a fast-changing industry.
- Maintains relationships with key stakeholders across the studio, teams at the regional and territory level and key vendors. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Coordinate activities across WB Technology, Post Production, Sales & Marketing, Finance, Legal and Anti-Piracy, Vendors and 3rd party clients to ensure a high level of client satisfaction is achieved and maintained.
- Attend key meetings & briefings with Post Production, Sales & Marketing, Finance & Legal teams.
- Communication relating to all day to day operational activities.
- Plan and implement Localization efforts related to business partners and their clients. Includes, but not limited to:
- Create detailed plans, budgets, vendor selection and assembling creative teams and apply appropriate security protocols for all new projects.
- WB Franchise management (DC, Wizarding World, Looney Tunes etc.)
- Review materials and document creative characteristics of the content, providing, in the form of:
- Creative briefs to Localization teams, balancing original creative intent with local cultural sensitivities.
- Glossary Management
- IP rights management, i.e. music clearance, dubbing rights. Credits etc.
- Work closely with clients and business partners to ensure all creative efforts are in line and consistent with objectives.
- Ongoing management and assessment of current vendor pool as well as identify and engage new vendors.
- Manage vendor delivery and supervise the tracking and troubleshooting of late deliveries, rejections and various issues, managing and updating SLA documents for each vendor.
- Manage all aspects of team function including, but not limited to:
- Assign work, supervise, develop, empower, and evaluate staff.
- Responsible for training and development.
- Remain up to date with current trends and industry best practice, leveraging WB Advanced Technology teams, Standards Boards and other industry leaders.
- Work with leadership and internal stakeholders to identify and implement new technologies and industry best practice.