- Experience Level Associate
- Work From Home Yes
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performing quality control tasks on assigned projects (EN > DE)
- Performing on-demand translation/post-editing tasks (EN > DE)
- Performing other translation-related tasks (EN > DE)
- Coordinating jobs within a defined team
- Coordinating the review tasks of assigned accounts
- Managing project-related queries
- Testing and qualifying of new freelancers and vendors as required
- Preparing, managing and maintaining the language materials (including glossaries, Style Guides, work instruction) up to the quality standards and up to date as requested by the lead linguist
- Interacting with clients on linguistic matters as required
- Developing and training new and existing freelancers according to the accounts’ and Welocalize’s needs
- Ensuring good interaction among team members and resolving questions on terminology and language matters
- Participating in the development of new and improved working processes
- Achieving the goals set by the Service Unit Manager
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED SKILLS
- University degree in Translation/Applied Languages and related experience as translator and/or reviewer of 1 – 3 years
- Fluent in German (native level), both written and spoken, fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Experienced as a translator in marketing translations, documentation, UI/UX
- Excellent feel for language (source/target)
- Excellent knowledge of terminology in the following subject matters: mobile apps, IT consumer products, entertainment.
- Thorough understanding of the localization process.
- Excellent user experience of standard software, such as Windows and Office applications, and standard CAT tools (e.g. SDL Studio).
- Ability to learn new localization tools and applications quickly. Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with tight deadlines.
- Ability to give clear, concise and constructive feedback.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, translators.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.