Experience Level Mid-Senior level
Work From Home Some times
- Be accountable for and handle the quality of content and User Interface for Expedia Group branded sites in their specific language.
- We will ask you to Line develop a team of translators localizing content across all Expedia Inc. content types
- Ensure ALL translation teams follow ES (Enablement Solutions) quality processes and necessary guidelines and instructions.
- Exhibiting strong leadership, you will build strong business relationships in support of business objectives, and lead a culture of continuous improvement and quality monitoring/ improvement.
- Develop close 1-2-1 relationship with internal partners to ensure tone, style and brand guidelines are adhered to. Work in conjunction with Point of Sale on content reviews and audits.
- Responsible for liaising with the partners regarding quality issues and establishing a solid review cycle, assessing the feedback from internal clients together with Project Managers.
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple requests from various partners across brands.
- Manage terminology, glossaries, reference materials and style guides.
- Monitor QA results and overall project performance of internal and external translation teams.
- Translation of locale specific content for Expedia Inc. branded websites.
- Copywriting of specific marketing, merchandizing and promotional copy in native language.
- Translation and maintenance of Social Media content (Facebook, Twitter etc).
- Ensure all samplings and QA results are documented and reported to the necessary partners in line with the official Localization Quality System.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Solid experience in the ecommerce/localization industry as a manager/senior team leader
- Extensive writing/editing experience, preferably in e-commerce content development
- Degree in Translation/Linguistics/Computational linguistics or equivalent relevant experience
- Working knowledge of translation memory software and translation processes
- Experience of working in a global environment
- Very strong communication skills. Expertise in English written and spoken communication: e-mail, status reports, conference calls, proposals, etc.
- Quality focused