- Experience Level Associate
- Work From Home No
As the Head of Mapping and Localization, you will lead WaveSense’s efforts around key engineering and commercial decisions for our radar-based map. Your work will involve developing and driving the architecture for large scale multi-layer high definition maps for autonomous vehicle localization with a focus on radar maps.
WHO YOU ARE + WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Further develop, design, and refine the WaveSense map.
- Understand key technical and performance trade-offs for HD map building.
- You’re comfortable thinking about the big picture and the small details. You enjoy making design and architecture decisions.
- Rapidly prototype to test and discard hypotheses.
- Enjoy working with small, high output teams in a fast paced startup environment.
- A “get-it-done” person. You know that done is better than perfect and are energized by constantly delivering and moving things forward.
- Deep experience designing and developing high definition mapping systems.
- Deep working knowledge of fundamental metrics and physics associated with LIDAR, camera, and related sensors.
- 3 years or more experience working in high definition map design and development.
- Fluent in C++, ROS, and related programming languages.
NICE TO HAVE
- PhD or Masters in high definition mapping related field or equivalent experience and knowledge.
- Experience working with radar.
- Must be currently eligible to work in the US. Please indicate if you need or will eventually need sponsorship on your application.