Experience Level Associate
Work From Home Some times
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
SAP Globalization Services broadens SAP’s global footprint by enabling businesses to run efficiently with the vision of empowering them with ‘Local compliance’ and ‘Global Success’. We help customers succeed in their local markets by providing legal compliance, catering to country specific needs and providing multi-language capabilities for SAP solutions. The economy’s drive for globalization and digitalization goes hand in hand, which makes us one of the most instrumental teams of SAP’s transition to the cloud. With an incredibly diverse team spread across 40 locations worldwide, we consider our people as our most precious asset.
The Globalization Services Financials unit focuses on the localization of Financials and related industries. It has teams in Germany, China, India, Russia, Brazil and other locations, consisting of colleagues from more than 20 nationalities.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
We’re looking for a motivated junior developer (F/M/D) to join our Globalization Services Financials localization development team, especially for the SAP S/4HANA (on-premise and Cloud) and Business Suite localization. The major tasks include:
- Analyze business requirements, design, implement and test localization functions based on SAP’s programming model and quality standard.
- Work in a scrum team and apply agile software engineering methods in the daily work
- Implement legal changes or corrections for delivered localization functions
- Collaborate with other development teams and product management colleagues at Globalization Services who provide localization requirements
- Working on challenging development projects in an international global environment
- Developing personal competence in various SAP applications, both in technologies and business knowledge
- Opportunities to get into touch with latest SAP innovative technologies and products due to localization needs
- Close contact with the customers in the countries being localized (from time to time customer visit possible)
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- University degree (Bachelor or Master) in computer science, natural science, engineering, or related field
- Good programming skills and experience in at least one programming language; experience in ABAP programming would be advantageous.
- Strong analytical and logical skills, ability to quickly acquire thorough understanding in new areas, especially in technologies and business knowledge
- Customer orientation with a strong focus on quality
- Self-motivating working style; good team player
- Very good communication skills; fluent English and German
- Constructive and open style of communication
- Flexibility when dealing with other mentalities and cultures
- Experience in Contract Accounting (FI-CA) or Convergent Invoicing, or related SAP industry solutions.
- Globalization & Localization experience
- Adaptation or extension of standard software
- Experience in SAP programming environment (ABAP / ABAP OO, Fiori UI, modeling and design)
- Experience in test-driven development, test automation and pair-programming would be advantageous