- Experience Level Mid-Senior level
- Work From Home No
Aurora works at the intersection of rigorous engineering and applied machine learning to address one of the most challenging, important, and interesting opportunities of our generation: transforming the way people and goods move.
Founded by three of the world’s leaders of the self-driving vehicle industry, we design the software and hardware that will power the next revolution in transportation. We partner with others as we believe this allows us to move more quickly than any one company can move alone.
Aurora hires people who want to build the future of transportation. We are searching for Perception Engineers for our Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania office. He/She will help develop the core algorithms for interpreting sensor data that enables intelligent driving decisions.
- Develop perception algorithms for object detection, tracking, and classification
- Design effective and efficient feature detection methods to assist with online localization
- Work on making vision systems that are robust to changes in lighting and weather conditions
- BS/MS or PhD in Robotics, Computer Science, or a related field
- Excellent C++ programming and software design skills to support high performance perception
- Experience with perception sensors including LIDAR, radar, and cameras
- Expert in designing and building state of the art learning algorithms and training these from large data sets
- Experience with embedded Linux and real time systems
- Experience with Tensorflow, Theano and deep learning pipelines
Working at Aurora
- Your work has real purpose and will improve lives all around the world. Our technology will increase roadway safety, expand access to transportation, revitalize our cities, and create a new platform for people to enjoy next generation experiences in transportation
- We’re a growing team of incredibly smart and very fun people you’ll likely enjoy being around
More about Aurora
Aurora has assembled one of the most experienced leadership teams in the space to go build the next leading self-driving vehicle company – including leaders from Google / Waymo, Tesla, Uber ATG, Apple, and several others to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology quickly and safely around the world. We are partnered with some of the largest automakers on the planet and funded by some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Greylock and Index Ventures.