- Experience Level Associate
- Work From Home Some times
Amazon Studios is currently hiring a Localization Coordinator to help the Global Localization team launch an ever-increasing amount of Amazon Original Movies content. The Localization Coordinator will report to the Senior Manager of Int’l Mastering & Localization, and will track feature production and delivery progress related to the translation/adaptation, casting, recording, mastering, and versioning of assigned feature content.
They will partner with the Senior Manager of Int’l Mastering & Localization on multiple features for the creation of subtitles, dubs, graphics and foreign language master versions/assets. The Localization Coordinator will help update and maintain various schedules, keep the Manager and Executives up-to-date as content is finalized, help track overall localization and mastering progress and flag outstanding materials or potential delays. They will help track the creation and QC of theatrical materials for release in theaters worldwide as well as collate information for avails/metadata and amass assets for final delivery to Amazon Prime Video (PV). S/he will also be responsible for issuing and revising purchase orders, ensuring all invoices are tracked, processed, and approved, and updating corresponding logs in a timely manner. S/he will work closely with the Senior Manager of Int’l Mastering & Localization and various stakeholders within the studio in conjunction with the Localization Billing Coordinator to keep billing in sync with the production and localization timelines across assigned movies.
The ideal candidate should be willing and able to handle a heavily administrative day-to-day, but with a willing focus and ability to grow into a future Localization Manager role.
· 2+ years of experience in a global studio or post-production environment geared toward work on features for theatrical and online distribution (experience with TV is also a plus)
· 2+ years of experience with a variety of centralized Subtitling and Dubbing localization workflows across multiple regions and languages
· 2+ years project management experience
· Fluent in entertainment, post-production, and localization terminology
· Familiarity with a variety of digital media workflows and styles of content localization
· Familiarity with component-based localization and mastering workflows such as IMF or MMC
· Ability to learn new/proprietary systems and technologies
· Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
· Experience with purchase orders, invoicing, and tracking of spends
· Familiarity with foreign languages is a plus, but not essential to succeed in this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.