- Experience Level Executive
- Work From Home No
You will manage a global in-house and external team of software engineers and language engineers to ensure technology development and implementation is in accordance with project plans and company needs.
Company is growing fast and the content we manage from multiple channels is growing even faster. We need an out of the box thinker who not only can ensure our systems and solutions are keeping up with the pace but also to architect creative technical solutions for our customers that continue to break through the barriers we have been surpassing in recent years.
You will understand the ins and outs of localization and be able to present to and convince customers and potential investors of the benefits of our technology.
CAT tools, TMSs, connectors, APIs, and automated workflows get us to the words we translate and you will ensure we are utilizing best of breed technology to achieve this.
Our IT infrastructure ensures we are scalable internally and you will constantly assess what systems are required for our continuing growth phases.
We will also expect you to be familiar with the current trends and cutting edge technology solutions within the industry, such as how AI, ML, and NML play a part in localization processes.
- Manage, hire and motivate a team of globally spread engineers supporting sales, production, finance, production, quality and supply chain/translation vendors.
- Work with Sales on customer-focused technical solutions and completing RFIs.
- Direct activities for specifying requirements, designing, developing, testing, documenting, supporting and managing all company technical products, hosting and office/IT environments.
- Responsible for budgeting, planning, organization and operation of current and planned software, as well as strategy and roadmap planning for future products and environments.
- Manage technology and hosting vendor relationships.
- Ensure our infosec compliance is up to date and sufficient.
- Represent company at Industry events to participate in Industry technology roadmap and showcase our technology.
- At least 10+ years of hands-on technical and software life-cycle experience within the localization industry..
- At least 5+ years of software development managerial experience for development, support and QA functions.
- Excellent management, communication, and teamwork skills, with proven ability to lead, motivate and mentor a diverse group of distributed engineers and collaborate effectively with other functions within the company.
- Experience working remotely with resources.
- Ability to develop product functional and architecture specifications into an organized and realistic project development plan.
- Experience with fast-paced, start-up development environments.
- Fast learner with strong work ethic and sense of urgency.
- Be able to expect the unexpected.