- Experience Level Associate
- Work From Home Some times
The localization editor is a core member of the Editing team. This position works closely with fellow editors, translators, project coordinators, and members of various departments on all editorial facets of Pokémon products. This includes maintaining factual accuracy, brand accuracy, and impeccable grammatical standards for the Pokémon Trading Card Game, animated series, movies, official website, apps such as Pokémon GO, and other materials in the localization editor’s language of expertise. This requires high-level knowledge of the grammar and vocabulary of the language of expertise, including slang, phraseology, and other nuances.
What You Will Do
- Translate, edit, and localize a variety of company-wide materials, such as trading cards, animation scripts, apps, rulebooks, brand- and product-related text, press releases and other marketing materials, organized play documents, and more.
- Edit for grammar, punctuation, spelling, style, and slang.
- Ensure consistency in style and terminology.
- Adapt text information to suit the needs of various audiences.
- Review, revise, and proofread soft and hard copy.
- Collaborate with fellow editors, along with various other department members, such as translators, designers, and project coordinators.
- Report regularly on project status and progress to the Manager, Localization Editing (Spanish).
What You Will Bring
- Minimum of two years of experience in the localization field, including publishing under regular deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to translate, edit, revise, or rewrite text-based content in language of expertise.
- Must be detail oriented, with proven experience in handling multiple simultaneous projects.
- Must be a team player with exceptional communication skills.
- Native-speaker level in language of expertise and fluency in English are required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite—Word and Excel in particular—is essential.
- Ability to learn how to use specialized technical programs quickly.
- Pokémon brand knowledge is a plus.
- Knowledge of SDL Trados is a plus.
- Experience in the gaming industry is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study, or equivalent years of work experience.