Experience Level Mid-Senior level
Work From Home Some times
About the Role
Spin is looking for an extraordinary Localization Manager to join our growing International Team.
Based out of our office in San Francisco you will be driving key initiatives that enable a globally consistent experience across all of Spin’s touch points. This is a unique opportunity to join a world-class team as Spin expands around the globe.
- Champion cross-functional collaboration with Product Management, Marketing, Customer Support, Finance and external vendors to deliver a consistently excellent experience to our riders around the world.
- Advocate for our international community and drive a “global from the start” mindset by providing input on design, copy, customization and cultural sensitivity at early stages.
- Drive systems internationalization and implement best practices for managing ongoing localization at scale.
- Manage a team of contracted translators for a variety of languages and ensure that high-quality linguistic quality is delivered on time.
- Enhance Spin’s voice with a touch of “je ne sais quoi” that our local riders and partners appreciate.
- A basic understanding how text moves through consumer technologies.
- Spearhead currency and payment localization, thereby allowing our international customers to transact with the same transparency and convenience that they are accustomed to.
- Develop KPIs, generate insights and identify areas for growth and improvement.
- Passionate about electric vehicles and being outdoors.
- 4+ years leading internationalization and localization at a consumer hardware or software company, or in a related discipline.
- 2+ years managing projects that involve internal stakeholders and external partners.
- Expert knowledge of translation management systems, best practices and vendor management required.
- A strong understanding of international payment methods, gateways and familiarity with systems integration and configuration.
- Desire to work in a highly dynamic and agile environment across time zones.
- Excellent communicator, great team collaborator, passionate and inclusive.
- Culturally sensitive and passion about working on a diverse team.
- Creative problem solver, curious and proactive.
- BA/BS in linguistic, information technology, business administration or equivalent experience.
- Fluency in 2 non-English languages strongly preferred.
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Daily catered lunch in our SF office
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Commuter stipend plus pre-tax benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
- Wellness perk for salaried roles