Experience Level Mid-Senior level
Work From Home Some times
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Consult with client to formulate workflows and understand requirements directly with customers
- Perform evaluation of costs and prepare project budgets and quotes for clients
- Manage workflows to meet specifications and deadlines
- Oversee the localization process and resolve issues
- Supervise and review the performance of localization personnel, including Localization Project Managers, Localization Engineer, and others.
- Calculate the number of necessary resources, such as workforce, vendors, tools, and others.
- Implement localization tools and train Project Managers and Linguists to use them.
- Enforce the adherence to quality standards are met
- Monitor the financial health of projects to ensure the profit margin goals are met
- Prepare reports on your activities and present them to upper management
- Collaborate with knowledge management in the creation of SOPs.
- Cross collaboration with other internal departments: with Human Resources and training of new members, with Marketing and Business Development with the elaboration of business proposals, with IT in the localization of internal projects.
- 3+ years of experience working as a Localization Manager or other similar positions
- BSc or BA degree in Translation, Localization Engineering, Programming or other relevant areas
- Significant experience in localization management and reporting on key production metrics of high-performing teams
- Excellent knowledge of performance evaluation and project management concepts in diverse localization projects and industries such as but not limited to mobile apps, websites, e-learning and gaming
- Good practical experience with localization software
- Strong decision-making, attention to detail, organizational and leadership skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English (native or C1 level) and fluent in a foreign language
- Results-driven approach and strong business and sales-oriented thinking