- Experience Level Mid-Senior level
- Work From Home Some times
Localization Project Manager
We are looking for a skilled Localization Project Manager to join ourLocalization team on afull-time, temporarybasis. You will work closely with external partners to deliver high-quality localized content to a variety of thebusiness units. The candidate will be required to work onsite in South San Francisco Bay area,California.
To succeed in this role, you will need a minimum of2 years’ hands-on experience as a Localization Project Coordinator or Localization Project Manager.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- We view candidates with both Vendor and Client side experience favorably.
- Specific Project Management tasks include: project scope identification, file organizing/processing in SDL WorldServer, vendor allocation, vendor Q&A, and various project-related administrative tasks.
- Support other Project Managerswith daily project tasks.
- Assess and execute localization requests submitted by the business teams.
- Analyze requirements and supporting reference material – clearly communicate the same to localization vendors.
- Create and process translation projects in WorldServer.
- Ensure completion of all project-driven administrative processes.
- Manage schedule challenges, query cycles, and Linguistic QA to ensure successful delivery to our clients.
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders to resolve questions or conflicts related to source file discrepancies, terminology, language quality and workflow.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Thorough understanding of localization file formats (HTML, XML, etc.) is required.
- Knowledge of iWork for DTP, preferred.
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and verbal).
- Proficiency in another language other than English, preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously andin a fast-paced environment.
- High attention to detail, efficient time-management and strong organizational skills.
- A strong sense of teamwork and the ability to build good relationships.
Education and/or Experience
- BA/BS degree or equivalentcombination of education and relevant work experience may be substituted.
- A minimum of 2 years of hands-on Localization Project Management experience required, including all steps in the project Localization process.
- Solid experience managing the localization of web content and software, required.
- Solid experience managing LQA as well as SME review implementation, required.
- Experience with computer aided translation (CAT)tools is required; experience with SDL WorldServer is strongly preferred.
- Understanding of localization best practices and familiarity with typical “gotchas” involved with localization.
- Demonstrated experience in effectively mitigating issues.