- Experience Level Associate
- Work From Home No
Conduct various linguistic functions and duties to ensure quality translations for game development projects including translation of game content using translation memory software. Review and verify the language implementation. Collaborate with Quality/Product Assurance teams, Product and Program Management, Compliance, GDK, and Game Development artists, designers, engineers, and producers to ensure accurate language and its implementation for a variety of jurisdictions.
Must be bilingual in Spanish.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ownership of linguistic quality through translation, review, and editing
- Use and management of translation tools including CAT Tools, translation memory, term bases, style guide, glossaries, etc.
- Utilize the game building engine, Unity, to determine target format and content for translation
- Maintain and update translation procedures, jurisdictional process, and compliance requirements
- Verify the accuracy and consistency of implemented translations
- Champion translation process improvement initiatives; be innovative and proactive in finding ways to improve current processes
- Liaise with process stakeholders on an ongoing basis to ensure process adherencePosition Requirements: Education: Bachelors degree (BA/BS), a focus in a language-intensive field preferred; or a minimum of four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum two years of experience in editing, translating, or applied linguistics
- Knowledge of at least one foreign language, in Spanish
- Must be able to work collaboratively in a team, as well as independently on multiple projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to manage projects and schedules
- Working knowledge of the Adobe Creative and Microsoft Office Suites
- Experience with translating software, CAT Tools, and translation memory
- Familiarity with Unity
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required, including the ability to digest and explicate highly technical content
- Effective organizational skills
- Ability to maintain translated content aligned with consistent standards