- Experience Level Associate
- Work From Home Some times
• Research and Development of Vision/Lidar based Mapping and Localization for Autonomous Driving • Semi-Automatic Mapping: collecting sensor data and post processing of the data to generate the map of localization features • To be successful in this role, the candidate must be proficient in research and ability to modify and apply existing theory and algorithm to the problem at hand • Implementation of the algorithm in actual vehicles • Generate and author reports and presentations to explain and document your results • Some travel may be required • Perform other duties as required • Accomplished in research • Experience with autonomous driving with actual vehicle environment
Knowledge and Education
• Bachelor’s or higher degree in Engineering including but not limited to: Computer Science, Electrical, Robotics, Aerospace, and Mechanical Engineering
Skills and Competencies
• Simultaneous localization and mapping (SLAM) • Templet Matching/ Scan Matching / Iterative Closest Points (ICP) • Object Detection/Classification for mapping and loclization • Particle Filter / Kalman Filter • Proficiency of programming with C/C++, Matlab/Simulink, etc. • Strong spoken and written English language skills.