- Experience Level Associate
- Work From Home Some times
- Establish and maintain an efficient process for the fulfillment of translation requests in a multi-vendor environment.
- Set long-range goals regarding staffing, productivity tools and work loads to maximize effectiveness.
- Effectively communicate with internal stakeholders, language professionals and colleagues to ensure high quality translated materials with continuous process improvement.
- Manage translation timelines and coordinate them with project timelines.
- Establish and maintain translation memories, adding appropriate weighting based on product and content type.
- Coordinate internal language reviews.
- Maintain workflow and track job status, communicating with vendors to remove roadblocks.
- Review quotes for accuracy, analyzing text to guarantee accurate word count.
- Oversee a translation budget and post reports on monthly spending.
- Analyze translation history and establish metrics such as words-per-product and translation segment reuse frequency.
- Source and develop relationships with LSPs to create strategies for improving cost and quality.
- Gather intelligence and leverage relationships with industry leaders to remain up-to-date with current trends and industry best practice.
- Keep informed of shifts in translation technologies, including artificial intelligence and neural networks platforms.
- Develop and maintain terminology glossary and resolve contextual disagreements.
- Handle translator queries for syntax clarification, balancing original creative intent with local cultural sensitivities.
- Oversee implementation of broad, editorial-level changes to translation memory databases.
- Develop and maintain style guides for various product categories.
- Screen outgoing source content for translatability, gauge appropriate agency, analyze text to guarantee accurate word count.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Language, Business Administration, Project Management, or related field.
- Minimum of 7 years of wide-ranging experience in localization with responsibility for results, including costs and methods.
- High skill level in English language editing and stylesheets, additional language skills advantageous.
- Expert level knowledge of localization processes.
- Advanced skill level in computer utilities, such as spreadsheets, etc.
- Advanced skill level in translation management systems such as WorldServer or XTM.
- Demonstrated experience in determining the best use of resources to meet goals of assignments received in the form of objectives.
- Able to lead cooperative efforts among members of project teams.
- Able to follow processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Able to develop and administer schedules, and establish performance requirements.
- Able to interpret analytical reports for the purpose of making strategic recommendations.
- Some understanding of production delivery schedules and the legal business models that underpin them.
- Some experience with TMS/CAT tools (for experienced PMs).